water pump part dos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water pump part dos

OK so i am trying to get this pump off--I have removed the hoses, 5 bolts and a nut-It will not come off-is there anyhting else that i am missing? is that the air pump directly to the right of it?
    Black '96 Z28, loudmouth exhaust, Mac mid length headers, crane cams powermax 104227 cam, crane 1.6rr,'s, springs, lifters and pushrods. MSD distributor, slp ultra z hood with air box, bbk 52mm throttle body, march underdrive pulleys, hpp+, 1le sway bars, spohn LCA's and relo brackets, Spohn SFC's, adj panhard bar, bilstein shocks, H&R springs, strut tower brace...Audio-Alpine head unit, MB Quart 6.5" component in the front and 6.5" Boston in the rear w Alpine 75x4 amp, Alpine Type-X 12 in the trunk w/ alpine 1000w amp

http://ken.lowrance.com/projects/CSIwaterpump/

Comment

yup gotta get the air pump out....there are a bolt or two behind that.
      1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

5 bolts and a stud hold the pump on.
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

thanks--i found the brakcet and air pump i had to remove--only prob now is my dad--in a attempt to help cracked my optispark prying on the water pump--so much for a 1 day fix
          Black '96 Z28, loudmouth exhaust, Mac mid length headers, crane cams powermax 104227 cam, crane 1.6rr,'s, springs, lifters and pushrods. MSD distributor, slp ultra z hood with air box, bbk 52mm throttle body, march underdrive pulleys, hpp+, 1le sway bars, spohn LCA's and relo brackets, Spohn SFC's, adj panhard bar, bilstein shocks, H&R springs, strut tower brace...Audio-Alpine head unit, MB Quart 6.5" component in the front and 6.5" Boston in the rear w Alpine 75x4 amp, Alpine Type-X 12 in the trunk w/ alpine 1000w amp

Comment

Originally posted by fullthrottleZ
            thanks--i found the brakcet and air pump i had to remove--only prob now is my dad--in a attempt to help cracked my optispark prying on the water pump--so much for a 1 day fix
            Oops. Dads can be dangerous. My father in law scares me. He will never touch my cars.

Time for a new opti!
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by fullthrottleZ
              You can buy an opti in parts now instead of the whole thing. If the damage isn't that bad, you can save yourself some money.
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

well if you'ver never changed it, you might of been do.So best to get that out of the way when you already have your pump out. As for whether it's syill good or not, i think one crack on curtain parts of it will make your car skip, so i would even try. It would suck to do all that work and have it skip and need to take it all off again.
                1995 Camaro Z28 auto

Comment

Working...
                X