squeel sound when shifting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squeel sound when shifting?

Ok, ever since i got the madz28 tune, when every my car shifts hard....I can hear a squeel sound. I thought it was the tires chirping but i don't think thats it. It doesn't really sound like its coming from the rear, and it almost sounds like a squeaky fan belt. But its only for a split second when it shifts. Any ideas?
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

It's your serpentine belt. My car did the same thing when it was an A4 and power programmed. It's very common on these cars. Whenever it was ready to shift I would take pressure off the pedal and I would hear it slip.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

The belt on my bird will slip during hard shfts (auto) when the air is on (just sorta chirps)but only when I am on the throttle hard
      1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
      1 of 463
      LT4 knock module
      D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
      strut tower brace
      SLP fan switch
      160* t/stat
      Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
      DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

So everythings fine then? No need to replace anything? I was beginning to get worried
        2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
          So everythings fine then? No need to replace anything? I was beginning to get worried
          It's more like a nuisance than a problem. If you can live with it then you'll be fine.
          Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Hmm my z28 does the same exact thing when it shifts hard, it sounds like the belt slips, if we replace the belt will that stop the noise?. I was starting to think it was my tentioner.
            95 Z28 LT1, Edelbrock headers w/ Full exhaust, cold air intake, TCI 1800 stall convertor, shift kit, Eibach springs, KYB shocks

Comment

Replace your serpentine belt with a Goodyear Gatorback belt and it will likely go away.

Comment

I have the gator back belt and it will still squeal If I turn off the air then no noise during the shifts ..so if I know I am going to get on it I turn off the air
                1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
                1 of 463
                LT4 knock module
                D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
                strut tower brace
                SLP fan switch
                160* t/stat
                Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
                DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

The belt still looks good, so i'll just deal with it for now. It doesn't really bother me, i just thought there might be a problem. I'll change when its needed. Thanks guys
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Working...
                  X