My longtubes are in!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My longtubes are in!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys i thought i'd let ya'll know how my header project is going. I can't believe how much progress i made!!!!!!!! I got the headers in and bolted up today in just about 6 hours!!!!!!!!! It was just me and my friend in my auto class. It probably helped alot that we had a lift too, but not too shabby for 16 year old in high school!! We got the alternator,steering shaft,starter and y-pipe off within the first hour but the hard part was getting the damn manifolds out. That took proabably 2 hours. But the awesome part was that i didn't have to jack up the engine at all!!!!!!!! The driver side header went in perfect but the passenger side we had to grind on the K-member i think it is and some other places to get it up in there. But it went great. So tommorow all we have to do is put the new y-pipe on and bolt everything back up so it should only take a couple hours!! I can't wait to fire it up open headers too!!
    1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Well, thats great news! Shoot us a pic of the install if you get the inclination. And keep those plug wires away from the tubes when you fire it up for the first time.

Comment

thanks, yeah i'll bring my camera tommorow if i remember. The headers make the engine look alot better too.......those stock manifolds are just fugly pieces of shit!!!!!!!!! And how do i keep the wires away from the headers, is there a way i can route them?????
      1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Comment

Just as long as you tie them away from the headers some kind of way, and careful with 5 & 7 because you don't want them to crossfire.

Also, you should edit your post for swearing so the moderators don't do it for you.

Comment

Sounds like my process...

Glad the install went well. When you fire it up, you'll get weak in the knees.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

SWEEET!!! You'll love the mod. Gonna wake that LT1 up.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
            Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Congratulations on getting them in. One thing you may want to do is leave your 02's out for the first few heat cycles. I've read more than once that the coating on the headers can mess up your 02's. When I did mine I just left my old 02's in and after a few hours of running I put new ones in.
              1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Good Work! Your going to be addicted to the sound of open headers, its soo loud when you rev it, I dont even think i hit 5500 rpms because it was so loud. lol. Enjoy the mod!
                1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Good work! Gratz on the headers.
                  95 Z28 LT1, Edelbrock headers w/ Full exhaust, cold air intake, TCI 1800 stall convertor, shift kit, Eibach springs, KYB shocks

Comment

Thanks everybody!!! The install was fun, but very frustrating!!!!!!!!!! But now it sounds so sweet with the longtubes and no cat. It seriously sounds like an older muscle car!!!!! I love them

Comment

Working...
                    X