I need some help on buying mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help on buying mods

I've been doing my share of snooping on the net and I've found some decent stuff. Right now, I'm concerned with the exhaust, then come LCA's and relocation brackets, a panhard bar and some other suspension stuff. I was thinking about trying to find used Spohn parts, but I don't know if it's a good idea to get used suspension parts. I might just get those new. As for the exhaust, I sent an e-mail out to someone who is selling a used Borla adjustable cat back. What would be a good price to pick one of those up used? Would $500 be reasonable or should I try to chew them down to $450 or $400? (EDIT: I just reread his post and he's selling it for $350, shipped. The only problem is that he doesn't have the plates for it)

I also sent out an e-mail to another guy selling exhaust equipment. Here's his response-

<<id sell the whole sysytem for 1000 the header were 720...y pipe 200
    something and exhaust was 800 and some...let me know...they have under 4 k
    miles...like new...headers ill sell for 400...>>

This is off of a 97 Trans Am, so I can't use his y pipe. Would it be worth it to buy those headers? They're $800+ new. Should I jump on this or wait it out? **My dad's mechanic said he'd pass me through inspection if I install longtubes on my car. Should I get longtubes or should I play it safe and try to find shortys?

Thanks guys

*EDIT* Thought I should also add/ ask- I've found Crane Gold race 1.6 self aligning 3/8 roller rockers for sale for $250 shipped. Worth it? What about buying used gears? There is a set of 4.10's available for $100. I have around $1,500 saved, plus my birthday is coming up. I might as well go mod crazy.
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow
Working...
X