In luck ! I think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In luck ! I think

Well after searching shortly on autotrader I found many LS1's for a reasonable price, now all I need is a better job so I can afford payments and insurance! Anyhoo, with that aside I do have plans of modding the car, however I've been thinking of skipping all the typical "bolt-ons" and going straight for a nitrous kit. Sooo, how well will an LS1 take to nitrous, let's say anywhere between a 75-100 shot? Do I want to go with a wet, dry, or direct port set-up? Will I need any sort of engine work done for some odd reason?

Next question. If any of you here have superchared LS1's and some video's of track runs or fooling around on the streets send 'em my way! Oh, and though not exactly important, do they sound anything like the new Cobra SVT's? I'd take an F-Body over a Ford ANY day, but the sound of the SVT has to be one of the most intimidating sounds ever. Thanks, any help would be appreciated

The LS1 and the NOS-5177 125HP dry kit are made for each other. A buddy of mine runs 10.8@126 with that kit, cam, headers and an stout drive train.

For more info on the car.... 99 SS
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Hey i have a SC and mine doesnt sound like the cobra's. Vortech has come up with a new design of SC where you dont here the SC untill high rpm, sort of a sleeper style. I can kinda here mine somtimes in the mornings when i first start it up but thats it. Id say forget the nitrous and get a supercharger.

Comment

nitrous = temporary solution till I pay off the car and can afford a SC

Comment

ya that works too, i guess not everyone can afford a SC.

Comment

Working...
          X