No announcement yet.

bad cats on a ls1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the help trace z, but i don't have a laptop, cables, or the software to go with what your asking for. So for now I will have to hold out and wait for the 2nd mechanic at the different shop. Hopefully after they get done scanning it there maybe I will be able to go ahead and start to tackle the problem.
    slp longtube headers, slp y-pipe, high-flow cats, superchips programmer, slp 85mm air sensor, slp loudmouth exhaust, ws6 hood, slp cai, kn air filter, slp high-flow lid, smooth bellows, tb bypass, subframes, lca's, panhard bar, torque arm.

Comment

By the time you spend money screwing around with mechanics, guesswork and replacing potentially good parts to chase it down.... Before you know it you've spent more money than it would of cost to buy an interface cable, borrow a laptop and download some software.

I hope you have some good luck finding the issue without it costing you a fortune. Having a laptop connected to the PCM is a sure fire way to see exactly what all the components underhood are doing. It makes pinpointing a problem fast, easy and save tons of time and money. I can plug my laptop into my LT1 and get an immediate picture of what all the sensors are doing, how the mixture is doing and everything else that is of interest. It's a very powerfull diagnostic aid.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Well I did get some relief when the mechanic called and told me that I had to have the transmission shifter solenoid replaced. That won't be that bad because they are only charging me about $190. As far as the other things go he says the sensors in front of the cats are bad. So as I said before I am just glad I dont have to rebuild my tranny.
        slp longtube headers, slp y-pipe, high-flow cats, superchips programmer, slp 85mm air sensor, slp loudmouth exhaust, ws6 hood, slp cai, kn air filter, slp high-flow lid, smooth bellows, tb bypass, subframes, lca's, panhard bar, torque arm.

Comment

Working...
        X