Need help with camaro SS clone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with camaro SS clone

i just picked up a 1994 camaro Z-28 that is in need of some minor nose work, and seeing as i have to replace the hood. i figure i may as well make the car an SS clone. i was looking on ebay for the hoods and rear spoilers, but the prices are out rageous. does any one know where i can find a good set of used hood and spoiler?

thanks
    Jeff
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

I just looked on Ebay to get a ballpark idea... I think these are very good prices. I recall paying SLP over $1000 just for a ultraz hood back in 97.

hood.... ~$450
    spoiler.. ~$200
    rims.... ~$480
    tires.. check out tirerack.com for a price on the brand you preffer
    but figure ~$800

figure with shipping the parts will cost around $2000, then you need to paint them. Also, if you want it to be really accurate you will need badges and the intake box. Personally, i'd go for the Ultra-Z kit instead. The ram-air box is better designed, like a WS-6 and the hood looks better IMHO. You could still do the rims and spoiler then.

I used to have a 95 Ultra-z. I took it on power tour 97 and 98. It was a medium patriot red metallic T-top car, had ZR1 rims, ramair UltraZ hood, and an AA wing on the rear with Borla exhaust and white faced guages. It also had poly-graphite bushings, under drive pulley, HPP and much more. That car was SEXY.

Maybe I should do that same setup to my 94 convertible..?? Hmmmm.

Comment

do yourself a favor..... dont put SS badges on it. cause its not an SS by SLP. f body enthusiasts, most of them, frown on that stuff.. and its easy to spot a close due to lack of DOT compliance decals provided by SLP on the car. make it unique to you...its your f body expression.....and thats cool.....

just my 2 cents.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

i hear that wolf man. i am seriously considdering the ultra z hood. besides the fact that the cars i typicaly build are better than any thing some one can purchase. i just wish i had hte technology to fabricate my own steel hood. hmmm. work in progress. ill keep you guys posted
        2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
        1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
        past rides:
        1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
        2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
        1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
        2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
        2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
        1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
        1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
        1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Originally posted by azkkn
          i hear that wolf man. i am seriously considdering the ultra z hood. besides the fact that the cars i typicaly build are better than any thing some one can purchase. i just wish i had hte technology to fabricate my own steel hood. hmmm. work in progress. ill keep you guys posted
          ur a top dude in my book broh! thanks!!!!!!!!

best of luck.........rock on!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by azkkn
            i am seriously considdering the ultra z hood.
            The Ultra Z is sweet, very aggressive looking. It is what my son is considering for his Z and what I would put on if mine was a Z instead of an SS.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
            KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Comment

Working...
            X