No announcement yet.

Need opinions on how this would look...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinions on how this would look...

Not that I have the money at the moment to do it, but I just thought it might look cool. Anway, you know the plastic grill on the '98+ Camaros that alot of guys take out? Well, I was wondering what it would look like if a guy were to be able to get someone to make one of those out of lightweight aluminum, then chrome it and either stick it back on fully chromed or powder coat it the body color of the car, only leaving the Camaro lettering chrome? My car is black and in my mind's eye, it looks pretty sweet with the powdercoating. But I am just curious, for one thing, if it is even possible and also if it would look good. Anybody have an opinion?

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

body color would be my choice, not chrome. And, why not jsut clean it and do it yourself with good quality duplicolor paint and clearcoat?
    2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

hey todd what's up

I think it would look really cool powder coated... It would be a hard part to make out of aluminum though with all the compound curves, but if you have the $$$ and find someone who likes fabrication (if they have fun it's cheaper), it would be nice.
      NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
      (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

Heya Coop!

Yeah, it was more or less just an idea I came up with while day dreaming about mods I would like to do, but will probably never be able to afford. I think it was inspired by watching too much American Chopper on Discovery. hehe

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Hey Todd, was it you that used to live in Dallas/Richardson and worked at a Chevy dealer? If so, what was the name of the dealer (Reliable, maybe)? Humor me, I'm just curious.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
          X