sub wiring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub wiring

OK, i have two 12 in hart subs, one is a single voice coil, the other is dual. I was curious if any of u audio people could tell me if and how i can wire these to two ohms.
    thanks,
    Brian

Not without knowing how many ohms each voice coil is.

Comment

Well, first of all your not supposed to mix single voice coil and dual voice coil woofers. The woofers have different efficiencies, use differents amount of power, and will never play exactly the same. But if you insist...

Assuming that these are 4 ohm voice coils (i.e. one is 4 ohms, the dual has 2-4 ohms), then you cannot wire them for a 2 ohm load. You can parallel the 2-4ohm voice coils (making 2 ohms), then parallel that with the 4 ohm speaker, and end up with a net of 3 ohms.

What you should do is either run the one DVC woofer for a 2 ohm load, or sell the DVC and buy another 4 ohm single voice coil woofer and wire it parallel for a 2 ohm load.

Also, what kind of amp do you have? If the amp says "2 ohm stable" that means 2 ohm stereo, not bridged. If you bridge it to a 2 ohm mono (bridged) load, the amp will eventually smoke.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

If the DVC SUB is Dual 2-ohms, then wire them in series. Then wire the DVC SUB in parallel with the other SUB (assuming is 4 ohms) and that will give you a 2-ohm Load.
        1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

That was like a different language to me I never had a nice stereo though.
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

how do u wire in series?

Comment

here ya go

this page should help you out. Good Luck! Later
              http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep2/wiring.htm

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Working...
              X