Removing my AC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing my AC

I've removed my ac condenser,compressor,canister and all of the lones the only thin left is the HVAC. I was just curious if anyone could help me out with how to get that out????
    1995 Camaro Z28 auto

Do you mean the AC evaporator and the heater core in the black box on the firewall? Are you sure you want to do away with the heat? It will help remove moisture from the windshield.

You start from the dash side to get to those parts.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

That's pretty hardcore. I even wimped out and kept my A/C so i could be cool on the way to the track. Maybe I'm just getting old.
      '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

I've pulled a few evap cores, and they are not neccessarily fun. You have to pull the dash to get the evap core and blower motor out.

You have to drop the steering column, pull the center console, pull the radio, disconnect the HVAC controls, disconnect the HVAC vacuum lines, pull the gauge cluster, etc., etc.. It's a 2 person all weekend job.

I'm sure there is a guide somewhere on www.ls1tech.com or www.cz28.com

Comment

i pulled my HVAC out and got an elecric defroster for my windshield. the "blend air" box is a B to remove... theres bolt on the inside of the firewall side but its pretty hard to keep your sanity and pull it out as a complete unit, i ended up just taking it apart piece by piece. billingleyracing makes a good HVAC delete plate to cover up your hole in the firewall...

Comment

Working...
          X