SFC's installed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFC's installed

Hey guys, just ot done putting in the SFC's which was a fairly long job. It took 3 hrs. I had to put them up and mark the frame and then air grind all of the weld areas. Keep in mind the car is only on four blocks 1 ft high. (not fun). After all the prep work we began welding and the welder ran out of gas after the driverside. Went and picked up a new tank and finished everything and then painted all of the welds.

The car defintely feels much stiffer, WOT defintely feels like the chassis is stiffer. Its not a night and day difference but the car is feeling a little stronger. I just know that there wont be as much flexing now and the chassis has a huge load off it now.
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

SFCs are a real good mod - very worthwhile. Which ones did you get?

Comment

I bought UMI Box style weld ins. I got them in black to match the car and the fitment and quality was great! I drove the car more tonight and def feel a difference, I am very happy with them.
      1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Originally posted by blackthunder50
        I bought UMI Box style weld ins. I got them in black to match the car and the fitment and quality was great! I drove the car more tonight and def feel a difference, I am very happy with them.
        yeh i have the BMR Fabrication box style that hooks into the control arms in red, and i love them, def feel the difference. great mod!
        1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Working...
        X