Spring suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring suggestion

I've read quite a bit of information on this board regardding spring/shock combinations. I have a slightly different want however. I would like to upgrade the shocks and springs on my car but want to minimize the drop of aftermarket springs. I don't have much of a problem with the stock stance. I would lke an overall tighter feel on the road but I don't want to feel every bump in the road.

I think I'm sold on the bilsten HD shocks but could anyone chime in on a set of aftermarket springs that improve street handling while retaining the stock ride height as much as possible?

Thanks.
    Scott
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

In my opinion, shocks and monster sway bars will make the most dramatic difference in ride quality and handling. In reality, the stock springs aren't that bad. Many of the aftermarket springs aren't known for ride quality, they are more used for lowering the car's ride height.

Comment

Here is a fantastic write up on most of the springs available.
      http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8782

I was looking for the same thing. A minimum drop but to take the bouncing out of it. I choose the BMRs because they are progressive rates where at the normal ride they are about the same stiffness as a stock spring. But when they start compressing they get a lot firmer where the stock ones do not. I would not hesitate to use them again.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Oh one more thing, the front top shock mount is just about impossible to get off the shock. Everyone I have heard from found it to be heavily rusted. That is an understatement too.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
        X