INTAKE HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTAKE HELP

if i where to paint my intake red How do yo polish the top runners on the intake like like this picture? Also do i have to use high temp paint?
    Attached Files
    LIVIN LIFE IN THE FASTLANE
    96 lt1 Trans am: lt headers, k&n filter, Flowmaster catbacks, Pro 5.0 shifter, MSD cap and rotor kit

It will be easier if you mask them off before painting (you can then even polish theem before painting), but basically you might want to start with 400 wet-or-dry and work your way up to 1000 or so and use some mag polish to finish the shine - not hard & fast rules, just general polishing suggestions. If it's off the car, you could always use a buffer to shine them up. I have also seen some overlays that are like chrome vinyl which have adhesive backing and they stick to the fins and make them real bright.

You could always join the Marine Corps. They will teach you to shine stuff like garbage cans, cannon shells, floors, shoes, and other assorted brightwork.

Comment

Thanks! but i am not planning on joining the army anytime soon!!!!!
      LIVIN LIFE IN THE FASTLANE
      96 lt1 Trans am: lt headers, k&n filter, Flowmaster catbacks, Pro 5.0 shifter, MSD cap and rotor kit

Comment

Originally posted by wpirates84
        Thanks! but i am not planning on joining the army anytime soon!!!!!
        Marines ain't the Army, son, and they'll square your sorry ass away about polishing gear, just like they did me

Comment

Working...
        X