Strut Tower Brace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strut Tower Brace

Well, I got my shiny new bright red BMR shock tower brace today and had it on in about ten minutes. Has anyone else run into the valve on the AC line being too close to the brace? Since I have to get the system recharged, I might see if I can loosen that particular line and twist it some to get the valve on more of an angle to clear the brace.
    LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

I've got that too and its not that bad. Just bend it a little. I have a little piece of rubber and a tie wrap to hold it in place and it should keep it from actually rubbing against the line.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Shock tower...not strut. Jeff is gonna get on y'all.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I stand corrected...lol...whats sad is i read the thread last week about the shock/strut debate and i STILL screwed up to call it the wrong one....lol I hope a flogging isnt in my future.
        LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

Working...
        X