Roll bar question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll bar question

I've seen 2 styles for the wolf rollbar (6 point)on the 2 bars that go to the back, one style has them going to the shock towers, the other to the center flat part - which style offers better stiffness?

Thanks

Hyper

The Wolfe bars I've seen go diagonally back to the top of the fender arches, not to the shock tower. The shock mounts are right behind the corners of the seat. The website still shows that design, except for the convertibles, which have the bars straight back. Where are the pic's of the bar straight back for the coupes?

I know people weren't too happy when they found out the braces went right through the speakers on the Pontiacs... maybe they offer an option of straight back to avoid that problem???

I don't think you will see a lot of difference in "stiffness".... either way they are bolted or welded to the sheet metal, not the subframes. If you want to stiffen things up a bit, add an X-brace to the rear braces......

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Here is the link to the photos from their website:

http://www.wolferacecraft.com/install/fbod/fbodbar.aspx

It's a toss up between the 2 styles.

Hyper

Comment

Working...
      X