No announcement yet.

LCA Relocation Bracket Question! Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCA Relocation Bracket Question! Help!

I'm getting ready to buy the UMI LCA's and panhard rod. (both non-adjustable)

Also, just an FYI my car is NOT lowered, and I am not planning on lowering it.

My question is this... should I also buy the LCA relocation brackets... or is that not necessary??

Thanks!
    1997 Trans Am WS6 Black M6
    370 RWHP / 352 TQ
    CC306 & Comp behives, LT1 Extreme Duty timing set, 1.6 RR's, CSR Elec Water Pump, Pacesetter LT's & ORY, GMMG w/ Ovals, K&N, Air Foil, TB Bypass, !AIR, !EGR, !CAGS, 160 deg thermo, LT4 KM, PCM tuning by Total-ReCal, March Pullies, Pro 5.0, 4.11 gears, LS1 alum DS, BMR strut tower brace, UMI SFC's, LCA's w/relo brackets & panhard

Its Really only designed for lowered cars but I belive most of them have other settings for different hights, so you may gain by playing with the addjustments and you may not.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

They will help even stock ride heights because the LCA is pretty much parallel with the ground. You'll want a slight angle downward (towards the rear) for better traction. They generally have two settings, one for stock and the other for lowered. I'm not sure if all brands do, but my BMRs did.
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

hit the gas with a stocker and the rear squats. The reason is a non favorable geometry. Add the relocation brackets, the rear end is pushed downward against the pavement due to the chassis being "lifted". You'll get more bite out of the hole with the relocation brackets even if everything else is stock.

Comment

Hmm.. nice. THanks for the helpful info!
          1997 Trans Am WS6 Black M6
          370 RWHP / 352 TQ
          CC306 & Comp behives, LT1 Extreme Duty timing set, 1.6 RR's, CSR Elec Water Pump, Pacesetter LT's & ORY, GMMG w/ Ovals, K&N, Air Foil, TB Bypass, !AIR, !EGR, !CAGS, 160 deg thermo, LT4 KM, PCM tuning by Total-ReCal, March Pullies, Pro 5.0, 4.11 gears, LS1 alum DS, BMR strut tower brace, UMI SFC's, LCA's w/relo brackets & panhard

Comment

They are not only for lowered cars. My car actually sits a bit higher than stock in the back, because of the Eibach Drag Launch springs, and the LCA relocation brackets were the best thing I ever did to the suspension. Totally eliminated wheel hop. I've also seen them take a full 1/10th off the 60-ft times on a 97 SS that was already pulling 1.4x 60-fts without the relo brackets.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
              Its Really only designed for lowered cars but I belive most of them have other settings for different hights, so you may gain by playing with the addjustments and you may not.
              I stand Corrected, All the literature I have read suggests for lowered cars alone, but maybe I should look into getting some to help eliminate wheel hop...

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
              Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
              6.2L/382.97 ci
              Custom PROM Dyno tuned
              WCT-5 speed
              BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
              Boss MS 18" Rims
              Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
              Custom Dual exhaust
              1LE upgrade
              Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror