93 Firebird need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Firebird need help

Hey guys i recently bought a 93 Firebird 3.4 v6 auto with Flowmaster cat back exhaust and im looking for any tips or ideas you guys have on how to make it a little faster nothing major like a supercharger or anything that big maybe a new chip or nitrous.

I already put a K@N air filter in it and ordered Cold Air Intake and a Hypertech low temp thermostat that should be arriving in a few days. Any help you can give me would be great.. thanks

if you put in the lower thermostat you will need also to change the chip. If you don't, the fans will not come on at the right time anymore. The chip and the thermostat must be used together.

Comment

Heh good thing the thermostat was only like 10 bucks

Comment

The thermostat will still help you keep the car cooler while your driving. Which is good for "wear and tear".

But while you are sitting in traffic or in the staging lanes the temp will still go up to where they did before, then the fans will kick on.

To get the best out of it you will want to install a manual fan switch, so you can turn the fans on while sitting in the staging lanes, or get your PCM programmed to make the fans kick on sooner.

The lower temp thermo is still a good mod though.
        99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
        93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Working...
        X