running with no tune

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running with no tune

I have all the stuff in the sig, and wounder would it be safe for the engine to start it up and drive. I know the rpm would bounce up and down during idle due to the cam and no tune but will it hurt my motor. Is a tune a must, i will do one but have to find a place to do a dyno tune and scudule an appointment since their a littel busy right now.
    2000 trans am auto, Afr 205,tr 220/220 112, mti lid, 160t,umi sfc,hooker headers and ory y,loud mouth. bellow,pr's,harland rockers,new lifters,ls6 oilpump,rollermaster doubler roller, msd wires.

The only ways you could hurt the motor is with fuel. Too much fuel can wash the lubricants from the cylinder walls and gall the pistons/block. If it you run it too lean under load, you'll either burn or break parts of the rotating assembly. Just starting it shouldn't hurt as long as you've done the math with regards to injector size and fuel pump requirements. It just may run like crap without a dedicated tune.

Comment

i havent got the cash for the pump or injectors right now but will at the end of the month. Im pretty shure it might make about 400 or a littel less to the rear wheels not pushed past 6000 rpm, you think that might be to much for the stock. And also i deleted the air pump and egr, at the back of the intake theirs the hose that goes to the brake booster and a senser with littel tubes coming out, i cant remember what this was, and was woundering if i can get rid of it also.
      2000 trans am auto, Afr 205,tr 220/220 112, mti lid, 160t,umi sfc,hooker headers and ory y,loud mouth. bellow,pr's,harland rockers,new lifters,ls6 oilpump,rollermaster doubler roller, msd wires.

Comment

I'm going to guess that it will be OK and I think you should have it on a scanner to see what it is doing, just to be sure. You may find your idle too low and need to adjust that to get a decent idle. I can't remember what the specs are on your stock cam are, but when you go larger in duration, the stock converter can bog it down.

Comment

Working...
        X