GM replacement leather seat covers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM replacement leather seat covers

I was just wondering if the factory replacement leather seat covers for a 1998-2002 model will fit and match my '96 T/A? The thing is, the covers are still available through GM for the later models, but discontinued pre-'97. I know the headrests and power seat buttons are different on later models, but wonder if the leather (pattern) matches and will fit the seat in general.
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

My suggestion is contact your local GM dealership and get a part number, then look it up on www.gmpartsdirect.com. I just looked for the cushion cover for my 99 T/A and found it on there for $231 versus $409 from the factory. Let me know if you need the part #. They sell the cushion as a separate item from the reclining portion.
    Blue 1999 Trans Am, MODS- K&N Filter, Custom Air Lid, Alpine Sound System, Flowmaster Muffler, Richmond 3.73 gears. Future MODS - Mid Length Headers, Stall Convertor, Hypertech Power Programmer III.

Comment

I think she's looking for just the leather seat covers, not the cushions. In this case if you can't find originals, you may want to consider aftermarket, like Katzkin. Most say the quality of aftermarket leather is better than factory leather.

Comment

Originally posted by tdmcree1999ta
        My suggestion is contact your local GM dealership and get a part number, then look it up on www.gmpartsdirect.com. I just looked for the cushion cover for my 99 T/A and found it on there for $231 versus $409 from the factory. Let me know if you need the part #. They sell the cushion as a separate item from the reclining portion.
        You mean they didn't charge you $200 for shipping??? They're nototrious for overcharging shipping. In this case, it sounds like a good deal!
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffs Black 97 Formula A4
          I think he's looking for just the leather seat covers, not the cushions. In this case if you can't find originals, you may want to consider aftermarket, like Katzkin. Most say the quality of aftermarket leather is better than factory leather.
          By the way, I am a girl...I'll let it go this time, buddy....(ha, ha, ha!!) Yes, I was just looking for the seat covers. Actually, just the reclining part would be fine, my seat bottoms are good. But I would probably replace both, anyways. I've never heard of Katzkin. I've also heard a lot of people going with replacement vinyl leather-like material. It's actually thicker, more padded than leather. But the main thing was, if I can get the replacement leather seat cover of a '98-'02 and if it will fit/match. Thanks guys!
          1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Comment

lol, I edited my original post.

Are your seats articulating? And does the front of the cushion go up and down? If so, I think GM stopped that particular design 97 and up. Since you're just interested in the part that reclines, you might be ok. Main concern is color matching in that case (and ending up with extra parts you don't need).

Comment

Yes, I have both power driver/pass. seats, manual tracks to go back/forth and a lever that lets you go recline the bottom cushion. It is also the more common charcoal color, I have seen (I think?) this color on the newer models. It is not the grey seats. The patterns look to be the same, but the side bolsters could actually be diff. now that I think about it. I do know that the bottom cushions might be diff. becuase the newer models have a redesigned power button area on the sides of the seats.

Comment

Working...
              X