trouble code question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble code question

hey guys i just had my service engine soon light pop on and i diognosticed it with my programer and it reads.... P0171, fuel bank one, to lean.... can anyone tell me what i need to do.... do i just need to richen the mixture or what... thanks guys, your always alot of help...
    2000 WS.6 RAM AIR... black on black
    current mods.....
    3" custom exhaust from zPERFORMANCE(highflow cats and super40), SLP lid w/ k&n filter and smooth bellows, slp 85mm MAF, and diablo predator II tune, beefed up sway bars and adjustable panhard bar....its my DD

Current restored and sold projects....
    1979 10th anniversary ta
    yamaha r1 (nitrous install)

That code sets when the weighted average of the long term fuel corrections exceeds 21.9% and the short terms are adding more than 7.8%. First thing would be to get a scanner on it and pull up the long term fuel corrections for all the Cells, on both banks of the engine. That will tell you if its a problem that is affecting both sides (e.g. - weak fuel pump, faulty MAF sensor, large vacuum leak, etc) or if the problem is only affecting the driver's side (Bank 1). The long terms on the passenger side may be creeping up as well, but not high enough yet to set P0174.

If only the driver's side has the problem, you have to look at things which only affect one side (e.g. - misifres, leak in exhaust system before the O2 sensor, a leaky injector o-ring, plugged injector, etc.).
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

thanks again

thanks again injuneer.... youve been a big help since ive been on this forum... appreciate it.
      2000 WS.6 RAM AIR... black on black
      current mods.....
      3" custom exhaust from zPERFORMANCE(highflow cats and super40), SLP lid w/ k&n filter and smooth bellows, slp 85mm MAF, and diablo predator II tune, beefed up sway bars and adjustable panhard bar....its my DD

Current restored and sold projects....
      1979 10th anniversary ta
      yamaha r1 (nitrous install)

Comment

Working...
      X