tires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tires

i know winter is not for a long time, but im gonna start putting a little money away little by litte for a good set if winter tires of the 98 z28. I live in the midwest ( 70 miles west of chicago) and the snow removal sucks around here. What are a good set of winter tires (size) to get the most traction?
    1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

Generally for snow you want a narrower tire.... one that sinks in and lets the edge lugs grip. Add to that a tire with hydrophyllic (sp?) tread compound and you'll have semi-decent traction on snow and ice. The Bridgestone Blizzak was the first tire of that type, but now just about everyone makes them. Check out Tire Rack, search on "winter" tires.

I used a set of four Blizzak 225/55-16's for a couple years and they may the car almost driveable in severe winter conditions.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X