Loudmouth vs. 2 on the Left

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loudmouth vs. 2 on the Left

Anybody care to compare these 2 for me. The price is virtually the same. If the 2 on the Left is quieter, but similar power gain, I will go with that. I'm really not looking for attention getting sound, just better flow. The 2 on the Left "looks" a little more sleeper style too.

Later,

Sean
    1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

The loudmouth was originally designed for the quieter LS1 exhaust tone. On an LT1, it has it's name for a good reason. It is gonna be loud.

Comment

I believe the Loud Mouth flows better......and I KNOW it sounds much better .....I've shocked more than a few folks with mine
      DWS
      Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

I personally don't like the sound of the loudmouth at all. The 2OTL will not disappoint, especially if you don't want to attract attention.
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B (shoebox)
          I personally don't like the sound of the loudmouth at all. The 2OTL will not disappoint, especially if you don't want to attract attention.
          I too don't like the loudmouths because of the super loud exhaust note... around these parts, you don't want a loud exhaust note if you are going to be doing to much speeding or if you just don't want to be bothered by the police...

oh yah, the loud mouths make the best performance gains though...

Later...
          Thanks
          MaraSport

Comment

2OTL here and there can't be much of a difference in power. Sound yes because there is a full muffler on the 2OTL. But when I put mine on you could look through one end and see out the other plain as day. There are some holes in the inner muffler which helps with noise but I doubt it robs much more power over the Loudmouth. Only a dyno with both on the same car would tell the real difference but HP wise I'd dare say not much. Sound is the real difference. LM = really loud on a LT1, and loud on a LS1. 2OTL = loud on a LT1, and loud at WOT on a LS1 and deep and mellow at low RPM's.

JasonG

Comment

Another exhaust to consider is the custom kits built by Mufflex. I recently bought and installed the 4" with a single drivers side exit. It's probably a bit much for a mild application, but they do make smaller kits that have different muffler options that make good power. The kits bolt in really nice also....

http://www.mufflex-performance.com/

Comment

sounds to me like you should get the 2ontL. our cars came from slp with them..we loved em..... then slp came out with the loudlmouth......we loved it more....although on my compTA..........its loud as chit!...but....hey........thats ok

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

2OTL is a nice sounding exhaust for a LT1. Flows real well also.

The loudmouth sounds like a tractor. Its rediculously obnoxious. Crackles, sputters. Might as well have a Flowmaster as it sounds just as crappy but a lot cheaper.

All IMHO
                  Rob
                  04 GTO

Comment

all a mater of opion i like the loudmouth, but you wanna sleeper so the 2 on the left is the better one... Just remeber loud pipes save lives

Comment

Uhmmmmm......

Isn't that for motor cycles? Well I guess you can always tell the cop you are saving lives

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Working...
                      X