squeeking noise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squeeking noise?

Ok, so this noise just started yesterday, but i'm already fed up with it. It sounds like its coming from the front driver side wheel. It actually sounds like a wheel bearing. Only thing is that it only happens when i either hit the brake or turn to the right(even just to switch lanes). And of course not to the left Can you guys give some insight? Thanks, Ryan.

edit: Oh yeah, and how do you change the transmission filter? (I don't know if you guys remember but a few months a ago i asked about the transmission fluid, i bought the fluid and filter and have been procrastinating ever since) tomorrow looks like a good day though
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

i can help on the transmission filter

jack up your car
    pull down on the old transmission filter stick it back in : D
    and you're done

but there is this little round peace above the funnel on top of the transmission filter or pipe like thing. Don't really know how to describe it I spent probably a good half hour trying to pry that piece out to replace it don't really know if it's even worth spending the time replacing that little piece but I am sure someone will chime in here.

not really sure about the noise
    but i know a friend has it on his car and it is really one of the most annoying sounds i have heard. my idea was maybe the rotor warped or the caliper is unbalanced maybe way off maybe near but worth a shot : D
    1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

Originally posted by DierDesire824
      not really sure about the noise
      but i know a friend has it on his car and it is really one of the most annoying sounds i have heard. my idea was maybe the rotor warped or the caliper is unbalanced maybe way off maybe near but worth a shot : D
      I thought the same thing, but why would it do it on right hand turns and not left And it really is one of the most annoying sounds around. Especially with the top down
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

On the brake pads there is a trailing piece of metal that begins to squeak when they are worn down. Mine did the same thing except on the right side, everytime I turned it would squeak. I replaced the pads and rotors and the problem was fixed. If you dont feel like changing them now just bend that piece of metal a little bit.
        1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Originally posted by blackthunder50
          If you dont feel like changing them now just bend that piece of metal a little bit.
          Ummm, yeah, no. That is not wise in the least. If you don't feel like replacing the pads, buy a friend a 6-pack or something and have them do it. Front pads are not that hard and not expensive. If you're gonna take the time to pop the front wheels off to bend the squealer back, just replace the stinkin' things.
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

So they'll squeel even while not braking? Thats why i didn't think it was the brakes....well i'll get to replacing them then Thanks guys.
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Sqeeking noise when turning left or right.

Mine does that too for the time being because they are new rotors and semi-metalic pads.I'm sure the annoying noise will go away soon.Apperently ceramic pads don't make that sqeeky noise.
              [B]97 WS6 TransAm 6 speed Mods--Grey leather interior-Granatelli MAF-58mm BBK TB-Hypertech programmer-Hypertech 160 stat-BBK aluminum crank pulley-Skip shift eliminator-B&M sport shifter-Aeromotive LT1 fuel pressure regulator(46psi)-,Edelbrock Torque Arm, ,Aluminum driveshaft-high performance cross-drilled rotors and pads-Stealth switch.Infinity speakers and bazooka sub.12 CD changer.The car runs great. In near futur, headers,exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by lavapearl
                Mine does that too for the time being because they are new rotors and semi-metalic pads.I'm sure the annoying noise will go away soon.Apperently ceramic pads don't make that sqeeky noise.
                Semi-metallics don't do it either. Squeaking can be a cause of excessive heat at the brakes, worn out pads, lack of use, etc.
                Steve

Comment

Brake pads

Mine are brand new,they used too squeek on a straight line now they don't,only when I do like a 90 degree turn will I hear them.
                  [B]97 WS6 TransAm 6 speed Mods--Grey leather interior-Granatelli MAF-58mm BBK TB-Hypertech programmer-Hypertech 160 stat-BBK aluminum crank pulley-Skip shift eliminator-B&M sport shifter-Aeromotive LT1 fuel pressure regulator(46psi)-,Edelbrock Torque Arm, ,Aluminum driveshaft-high performance cross-drilled rotors and pads-Stealth switch.Infinity speakers and bazooka sub.12 CD changer.The car runs great. In near futur, headers,exhaust.

Comment

Mine are brand new,they used too squeek on a straight line now they don't,only when I do like a 90 degree turn will I hear them.
                    Improper install. Every vehicle I have done with any pad material, whether organic, semi-metallic or ceramic, has been quiet until the pads are ready to be replaced.
                    Steve

Comment

brake pads

I'll have a talk with the installers at firestone garage because they told me that I would hear the squeeks for a short time,it's been about a week since I've had them installed.

Comment

is it a constant squeeling when taking turns or is it kind of pulsating squeeling?
                        -Jeff

Comment

Squeellezz from brake pads

Constent squeelllllle,hope it goes away soon.

Comment

ide say start with your brake pads and rotors..even if you just change out the fronts..you should do all four but i never do. start there and see where you are at. you could have gotten a bad pad or a little rock stuck in there somwhere

Constent squeelllllle,hope it goes away soon.
                            -Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                              Ummm, yeah, no. That is not wise in the least. If you don't feel like replacing the pads, buy a friend a 6-pack or something and have them do it. Front pads are not that hard and not expensive. If you're gonna take the time to pop the front wheels off to bend the squealer back, just replace the stinkin' things.

haha i know, what i was meaning to say was that if the squeeling was really bothering you and you had to wait a week or two for new pads to come in just bend it so you dont have to listen to it. I didnt mean for it to be a permanent fix haha, my bad
                              1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Working...
                              X