header gasket for 1976 400????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header gasket for 1976 400????

Okay, my bro has a 1976 Firebird Formula with a 400, and he got some hooker longtube headers for them, but they are an older style and they don't make them anymore, so he is having trouble finding gaskets for them. would any header gasket for that kind of engine work, or does he need a gasket that would specifically fit those headers???
    1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

is it a SBC or the BOP? guessin by the year id say its the BOP motor, but year, as long as the port size is the same, it should would. prob could use factory manifold gaskets(thats what i did on my old 83, worked better then the cheapie ones the headers came with)
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

the headers should have come with gaskets..mine did when i bought my pacesetter long tubes, and they werent cheap...they were the copper ones.

Originally posted by RICEATER94Bird
      Okay, my bro has a 1976 Firebird Formula with a 400, and he got some hooker longtube headers for them, but they are an older style and they don't make them anymore, so he is having trouble finding gaskets for them. would any header gasket for that kind of engine work, or does he need a gasket that would specifically fit those headers???
      -Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X