K&N Filter Install?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&N Filter Install?

Hey, could anyone please tell me the level of difficulty of installing a K&N air Filter myself. Im a novice but i do have an idea of what I am doing. I dont mind getting it done at a shop, but any mods that I can do myself i would love to try(without hurting my car..lol) Also what other mods, if any can be done by a novice, like myself to improve my cars performance. Thanks

Also...thanks to those that have answered some of my other questions. I really appreciate the help.

Have you already bought it?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

What kinda car you drive? You are better off getting a cold air induction kit unless of course you have ram air. Just a K&N filter wont due much. Cant give you very many Mod options unless you specify your year and model.....V8 or V6

Comment

It really should not be difficult at all. Let us know what year and model car you have and we'll see if we can give ya any tips.

Save the money on the filter ($30-40) towards a full Cold Air system ($160-200) and get better gains with a very similar amount of work. LT1 prices anyway.

Good luck
        Sean
        1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

K&N Filter Install.......1996 Camaro V6...

Sorry about that.....I have a 1996 Camaro V6 stock

Comment

Re: K&N Filter Install.......1996 Camaro V6...

Originally posted by wwbradle
            Sorry about that.....I have a 1996 Camaro V6 stock
            just the filter alone is a piece of cake. its in your owenrs mannual if you still have it.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

96 Camaro V6 stock

sorry about that......I have a 96 Camaro V6.....stock

Comment

Working...
              X