TUNE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUNE

If i were to put in a aggressive cam into my lt1 would i have to tune the computer at all? would it still meet very strict emmisions? CAM specs:

CAM-@.50 its 232/244 .515/.545 cut on a 113. Its a custom grind from Xtreme Horsepower.
    LIVIN LIFE IN THE FASTLANE
    96 lt1 Trans am: lt headers, k&n filter, Flowmaster catbacks, Pro 5.0 shifter, MSD cap and rotor kit

Simple answer. Yes.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Yes, that cam will require tuning.

As far as whether or not it will pass emissions.....anything we say would be nothing but pure speculation. It will depend on so many variables including the tune.

Comment

What other mods do you have besides those listed in your sig? Do you have stock heads, springs, pushrods, rockers, etc? Also, do you have long tube headers like it says in your sig cause that might cause you a problem with the cats. You have OBD2, do they just plug your car in and look for codes and test completions where you live?

One thing with that cam is your idle will be rough with all that duration and you will need the idle raised, then probably a good dyno tune. It will be a dog at lower rpms where your car probably spends 99% of it's life, and without supporting mods, it won't work very well at higher rpms either. Call those guys that designed the cam and ask what all you need to make it work.

Comment

Working...
        X