NOS Dry shot how to up the Shot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS Dry shot how to up the Shot

I have the NOS 150 shot on my 95 Z28. How big of shot can my engine take. I have a LT1 bore to a 396 w/SLP piston and Callies crank shaft w/ported trick flow heads, custom grind cam from Comp 252 256 w608 lift 112. T-400 and 12 bolt Moser

Is that the NOS-5176 kit? The Super Powershot nitrous solenoids are limited to about 180HP. You would have to add another solenoid to go over that (I run a pair of them). How much HP the engine can handle depends on how well it was built.... 4-bolt mains? .... forged pistons ("SLP" or "SRP" )? .... which Callies crank? ....what connecting rods? How much does it make without the nitrous? All of those factors will determine how much you can spray.

Then there's the fuel question..... what injectors are you running? .....are you using the NOS-5176 fuel pressure control system? ....is your fuel pump large enough to handle the required flow at the very high pressures required by the NOS-5176, or are you adding the fuel some other way?

I'm running a dry 300-shot on a 381 with good forged internals, 4-bolt conversion, healthy fuel system and an aftermarket ECU that is capable of supplying the extra fuel through 78# injectors without boosting the fuel pressure above the 58psi the system normally runs at.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Yes I'm using 5176NOS kit. Yes I have all good internals. SLP piston and rods. Comp custom grind cam. The motor is bord out to 396 cid. the motor should handle or make 520 Hp. I have another set of NOS solenoids of the same kind. I have GM Hi performance fuel pump in the tank and the fuel pump that comes w/ the kit. I have 30 lb injectors Ford. I have fuel pressure set at 50 lbs

Comment

Working...
      X