Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT4 Hot Cam Shift points..... Help!

Hey all

I'm getting ready to install the LT4 hot cam kit, and I'm getting a tune immediately afterwords. I'm curious, where should I be shifting (what RPM) after the install...

I need to know this in order to raise the limit on where the PCM cuts off the fuel...

Thanks!
    1997 Trans Am WS6 Black M6
    370 RWHP / 352 TQ
    CC306 & Comp behives, LT1 Extreme Duty timing set, 1.6 RR's, CSR Elec Water Pump, Pacesetter LT's & ORY, GMMG w/ Ovals, K&N, Air Foil, TB Bypass, !AIR, !EGR, !CAGS, 160 deg thermo, LT4 KM, PCM tuning by Total-ReCal, March Pullies, Pro 5.0, 4.11 gears, LS1 alum DS, BMR strut tower brace, UMI SFC's, LCA's w/relo brackets & panhard

The LT4 camshaft has the potential to make power all the way to 6400 RPM (depending on the heads/intake) meaning you would shift at around 6500 RPM. You will see guys setting their shift points anywhere between 6100 and 6500 with a full LT4/hotcam setup.

It all depends on the car. I would venture to say you will be happiest between 6300 and 6500. Best way is trial and error.

Comment

Good enough! I appreciate it!
      1997 Trans Am WS6 Black M6
      370 RWHP / 352 TQ
      CC306 & Comp behives, LT1 Extreme Duty timing set, 1.6 RR's, CSR Elec Water Pump, Pacesetter LT's & ORY, GMMG w/ Ovals, K&N, Air Foil, TB Bypass, !AIR, !EGR, !CAGS, 160 deg thermo, LT4 KM, PCM tuning by Total-ReCal, March Pullies, Pro 5.0, 4.11 gears, LS1 alum DS, BMR strut tower brace, UMI SFC's, LCA's w/relo brackets & panhard

Comment

Shift points

Had my 95Z set at 6500 by Mad Z28. Was starting to cut out at that point. Lowered to 6100 which cured trouble.

Comment

Working...
        X