Rack and Pinion replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack and Pinion replacement

I had to replace the starter today and found a slight leak in the drivers side rack and pinion shaft. Can you replace the seals and boots or will it require a complete rack replacement? It's for a 97 Formula with a 5.7. Is there a high performance model (quicker ratio) available? I autox occasionally and installed a power steering cooler about a year ago, along with a larger sway bars and 275/35/18 Pilot Sports on all four wheels. Is putting too much pressure on the seals?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    97 Firebird Formula T-tops-LT1-6 Speed, Hurst shifter, K&N cold air kit, Strut brace, Suspension Technologies sway bars, C5 wheels

Check out a company named Appleton Rack and Pinion. I've heard through the grapevine that they make lower(faster) ratio rack and pinions for 4th Gen F-Body's.

Also check out Turn One. They make power steering pumps specific to the LT1 and LSx motors that are designed for Autocross. Turn One makes the PS pumps for NASCAR,

For the rack and pinion also try Steeroids Rack and Pinion and Peyton Performance.

Comment

Thanks,
      I'll check them out
      97 Firebird Formula T-tops-LT1-6 Speed, Hurst shifter, K&N cold air kit, Strut brace, Suspension Technologies sway bars, C5 wheels

Comment

Working...
      X