drop the stang get with the bird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drop the stang get with the bird

hey all I am new to this site, I don't yet have an f-body but I have decided that'll be my gift to myself when I get back from Iraq next fall. I decided to sell my 89 GT Mustang and go for an LS1 6sp. TA.

My question is about the atftermarket for the LS engine. I've been pricing out heads and s/c kits, as I expected they are pretty expensive given the relatively new engine. I guess I'm used to the foxbody stangs where parts are fairly cheap and the aftermarket list is a mile long. In that respect, I've only seen a few s/c kits and heads and the s/c seem way too expensive, am I not seeing something or is the LS1 market a little low still?

What would you reccomend for a first big mod? supercharger or heads/cam/intake? as far as hp/$ and overall gains what do you think. Im looking primarily for a forced induction setup for around $4K, are there any turbo kits around that range or am I underbidding on even the cheap ones.

I'm just tired of running my stang with no a/c, no heat, no back seat in Texas in the summer. I made some bad e.t. improving choices. It was quick, and I love foxbody GT's, but everytime I drove maro or bird when I was a chevy tech(before the army) I would get a hard on, then skip shift or the electronic throttle control would kick in and itd go limp, but I was always impressed with the power, and I think the last gen ram-air TA
    is simply sexy. It's too bad I have to spend a year in Baghdad, but it'll give me a chance to decide the cars fate, but it'll be mine

Hey bud..before you do any serious mods like cam/turbo or Supercharger i would strongly suggest you lay the ground mods first Headers w/ full exhuast should be your first mod no matter what and at the same time get a CAI, then work on your motor Air intake and exhaust should be your first mod very important to get that motor breathing. Btw i guarrane youll be alot more satisfied with the power your TA will be letting out rather than a stang ramair intakes are no joke even stock ..GL bud and be safe down there in Iraq
    95 Z28 LT1, Edelbrock headers w/ Full exhaust, cold air intake, TCI 1800 stall convertor, shift kit, Eibach springs, KYB shocks

Comment

Working...
    X