Need advise on carpet....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise on carpet....

I went on EBAY and ordered carpet for my 95 z28 (new and in the box it was OEM repro) Company was called TAMARAZ or something like that. Now, they sell the carpet as a two piece... my question is... is after market "2 piece" diffferent than factory???

I ask this because when i removed the old carpet, it was one piece from the firewall all the way back to up over the gass tank hump in the hatch. The second piece (from factory) went down the back side of the hum, to the well , and up the rear part.

When I installed this new one , it appears as though it was made for a convertible, because it stops behind the rear seat and does not cover the gas tank hump. Just wondering if there was a generic mold for camaro carpet (aftermarket) so that they dont need two different molds for convertibles and hatch backs, then there is actually another piece which covers the gas tank and meets the well carpet in the rear.

Please anyone who knows, fill me in.... THANKS....

Convertibles use the same carpet as hard tops. I've owned both.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Thankyou... so what ur telling me is the seperate after market piece of carpet that covers the gas tank hump , must exist.....?

Comment

Originally posted by popo8
        Thankyou... so what ur telling me is the seperate after market piece of carpet that covers the gas tank hump , must exist.....?
        Either that, or they figure you will use a chunk of your old carpet back there. Call them and ask.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Ok... wll I called them, and some douche named ROB told me Im the only person out of the 47 customers he has sold carpet to this year that is complaining. When I tried to "dumb down" the question to him and explain that when laid side by side the "OEM" carpet I bought from them was not as long as the carpet which I took out of the car, he said , "THATS RIGHT", I then asked him where I can get the piece that covers the gas tank to complete my interior, and he advised me that "THE MANUFACTURER DOES NOT OFFER THAT".."IT SAYS IT RIGHT IN OUR AD"..... Bull$hit!!!! It says rear carpet not included, and I explained to him that would lead a person of reason to believe you buy it seperate, like "batteries not included"... toys don get sold, with signs that say "atteries not manufactured"...WTF!!!!!
          Anyways, he said that I should cut a piece of my old carpet and overlap them behind the seat... i said.."I WOULD BUT THE FREAKING CARPET IS A DIFFERENT COLOR, AS WELL AS THE OLD ONE WAS TRASHED...."
          So now I need to search for a used black carpet to purchase, to cut the rear section apart, and then install it with my BRAND NEW INTERIOR....

I WISH I COULD GO DOWN AND PUNCH THIS A$$ RIGHT IN THE CLAM!!!!!!

Comment

No one has any insight for me?????

Comment

Thats the thing with E-Bay you win some an you lose some.Somethings I will buy on E-Bay an other things i will not.So far I have been lucky.
              Blazer

Comment

Problem solved... custom carpet, made/installed...

Comment

glad to see it worked out in the end for you. E-bay is a hit or miss thing especially in the customer service department. Thats why you can offer feedback though and let others know that he wasn't very helpful. Again thoguh at least you got the project finished
                  -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Originally posted by thenuge876
                    glad to see it worked out in the end for you. E-bay is a hit or miss thing especially in the customer service department. Thats why you can offer feedback though and let others know that he wasn't very helpful. Again thoguh at least you got the project finished
                    Yeah, only problem is... I left them neg frrdback, and they got me back with a negative of their own... Kick them in the clam... is what Id like to do... But thankyou.

Comment

Working...
                    X