Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to Keep my Hawk. Help guys!!!!

Hi all,
    Well it is offical. I am getting divorced. My soon to be ex-wife is letting me keep the Hawk only because the lease is still on.

I would like to know how I can keep it. I just lost my job and my
    payments are 409 dollars per month. Anyone have any suggestions.

My elder brother tells me to fight for my dreams. This is my dream car. Always wanted one. I traded my 1994 Trans-Am in for this one. It is a 2002 model #536. I have only 10,600 miles on it. I got it off the showroom floor.

Thanks to you all,
    Adam H. 2002 T/A Firehawk #536 M6
    SLP 85MM MAF
    SLP STB
    SLP BELLOWS
    DIRECT-FLOW LID
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
    HOTCHKIS SFC
    BMR TUNNEL BRACE
    BMR LCA'S
    SPHRON ADJ. PANHARD ROD
    HOLLY POWERSHOT FILTER
    LAST OF BREED BADGES

Well 1 thing is to.....

Get a job! I would never stress over a vehicle. Sell it and buy another when you have the money. You will find another.
    96TA

Comment

Your brother is absolutely right. Fight for what you want. I just went thru a divorce last year. I lost a couple of cars thru the process but I kept my dream house. Don't let the difficult time and the emotional dismay allow you to lose focus. If you lose your dream car because of your divorce, it will make you even more bitter down the road. The only advice I can give is, find a job that allows you to make the payment. Knowing that you are working hard to keep a dream.

I'm sorry you have to go thru this. I think I know how you feel. My wife left me after 10 years of marriage. It cut my heart open wide. I am now fine and don't think of her nearly as much. She has moved on and so have I. Time will heal all. God will take care of you. If you need someone to lean on, pm me. I am here.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

if you were to sell it and buy one down the road it would never be the same.....I say fight for it and do whatever it takes to keep it.....eliminate any payments you don't need and then get a job asap.....good luck and sorry for what you're going through.....

Comment

Re: Want to Keep my Hawk. Help guys!!!!

Originally posted by Adam H.
          My soon to be ex-wife is letting me keep the Hawk only because the lease is still on.

Wrong attitude. She is letting you? That BS needs to stop now. Fight for what you want 'cause don't think for a moment she won't. I've been there and done that bro. So has Norm. The best things in life are worth fighting for so change your demeanor right now. If you have to go out and get two jobs to keep your dreams alive then by God, do it.

Comment

Sorry to sound rude.

You will find another car just like you will find another wife. I have been divorced with a child and have remarried with new child. If you have kids they are #1 priority Job #2 ,house or apt, #3 and a car is #4 in my book. It took me over 20 years to get another sports car I bought a house 1st.
            It sucks going through a divorce but like Performin Norman said you will move on. I hope you find away to keep your ride and sanity.
            96TA

Comment

My only point is that people can accomplish whatever they set their mind to. Priorities are priorities, nothing says you have to SETTLE for anything less than what you are willing to work for.

Comment

Here Here

I agree 100%
                96TA

Comment

badt/abird

About getting a job. NO crap!!!! I have had a job since I was 13
                  years old. Don't tell me about getting a job. I have been looking
                  since I was laidoff.

To everone else thank you for your advice.

Adam H.

Comment

He Adam turn that frown up side down
                    You asked for advice, I don't mean any disrespect to you. You obviously know how to work so I think things will work out fine.
                    96TA

Comment

You asked for advice, you got advice.

I would have written the same thing if badTAbird had not done so.

If you want something badly enough you will get it. Nobody is stopping you.
                      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

BadT/Abird

Hi guys,
                        Well I got a job offer. It is about 1/2hr away from where I live.
                        It encompases what I used to do at my old job. The interview is
                        tomorrow.
                        I will let you know how it goes.

No disrespect taken badt/abird. I understand were you are coming from.

Later,
                        Adam H.

Comment

Working...
                        X