quick question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question

I'm removing my AIR pump today. What is the p/n for the serpentine belt to use when the AIR pump has been removed? This is for the 94 lt1.
    1989 TA
    Flowmaster exhaust
    Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
    K&N CAI
    Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

The serpentine belt does not drive the AIR pump. It is an electric motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Disifer
      I'm removing my AIR pump today. What is the p/n for the serpentine belt to use when the AIR pump has been removed? This is for the 94 lt1.
      Hey disifier, you didn't rip out your power steering or air conditioning by mistake did you?

Comment

Hey disifier, you didn't rip out your power steering or air conditioning by mistake did you?

I thought I had seen someone say that you needed a different belt. I took the lazy way by asking here instead of looking in my manual. thanks
        1989 TA
        Flowmaster exhaust
        Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
        K&N CAI
        Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

I was kinda wondering where the pump was. I was looking at all of the accessories in a very confused way. I feel better now.

I thought I had seen someone say that you needed a different belt. I took the lazy way by asking here instead of looking in my manual.
          1989 TA
          Flowmaster exhaust
          Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
          K&N CAI
          Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

If its for the '89 then it does have a belt driven air pump. not like the current gens. elec. pump.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Yes you do need a new belt... I forget the size right now. I will look.
              No F-Body right now

Comment

In his post, he says this is on his 1994 LT1. No new belt required.

Comment

Definitely no new belt needed.

thanks guys
                  1989 TA
                  Flowmaster exhaust
                  Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
                  K&N CAI
                  Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

This is for the 94 lt1.
                    If its for the '89 then it does have a belt driven air pump. not like the current gens. elec. pump.
                    Yes you do need a new belt... I forget the size right now. I will look.
                    Did anyone (other than Kevin) actually read the whole two sentences of the original post?
                    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                    X