Whats the stock Fuel Pressure?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the stock Fuel Pressure?

I have place a supercharger on my car in the last week and put the inline fuel pump that came with the kit. I installed a boost and fuel pressure gauge in the car. when i turn the key on the pressure is at 25psi. When i start the car it is at 38psi. Is this normal or is something wrong. I had the bigger injectors put in and I reprogramed the computer for the supercharger. Or could the fuel filter be cloged.

40-44 psi stock. Change the filter and see what happens. The puller pump might be having a hard time drawing fuel against the stock pump and strainer as well.

Comment

The manual says 40-47 if you test without the car running. Start the car and it is supposed to drop 3-10 lbs at idle. I would try changing the filter. It's a cheap way to try fixing the problem....

Comment

How does your S/C kit add extra fuel? Extra injectors? FMU?
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

The S/C Kit adds fuel by bigger injectors.

I had the computer reprogramed and added bigger injectors.

Comment

Start the engine. Pull the vacuum compensation line off the fuel pressure regulator. The fuel pressure should be 43.5psi, +/-3.5psi, so anything from 40-47psi meets spec. Then with it still idling, put the vacuum compensation line back on. Should drop proportional to intake manifold vacuum. About a 5 to 8psi drop is normal in a N/A setup. Not familiar with S/C, so I don't know what your intake manifold pressure is at idle.

Then take it out and go WOT, right on up to redline. The fuel pressure should stay at the "no vacuum" pressure, plus an amount equal to the boost.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Is there any reason the fuel pressure would spike upon startup? I was messing around with my fuel pressure last night while testing my backup opti (turned out to be bad so looks like I am getting a new one). My idle performed to spec, but when I started the car, I could have sworn it spiked to over 50-55. This concerned me b/c I thought it should drop! I did not mess around with it too much more because I was choking on the fuel in the exhaust fumes and was trying to save my plugs from fouling too much....

Comment

Working...
              X