Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T5 Grinds going into 3rd & 4th...

Hey everyone,
    Just put a V8 WC T5 into my car that I purchased used from another message board. I used a new clutch kit during the install. After getting it all back together, I found that the trans is grinding going into 3rd & 4th gears. All other gears are as smooth as silk. And once im in 3rd or 4th you would never know there was a problem. Any thoughts? Did i get boned on a bad trans? Or could it be my clutch install? I really dont want to take the trans back out. My chest still hurts from letting the trans rest on it while taking it in/out. I just drained the fluid & put new stuff in and it didnt help at all.

Thanks in Advance,
    Mark B

Oh... And it grinds while downshifting & upshifting.
    No F-Body right now

Our '91 V6 'bird does that when shifting into or out of 3rd, no other gear does it. This was before and after a new clutch & fluid. We were told the syncho was worn for that gear.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
      I found that the trans is grinding going into 3rd & 4th gears. All other gears are as smooth as silk. And once im in 3rd or 4th you would never know there was a problem. Any thoughts? Did i get boned on a bad trans? Or could it be my clutch install? I really dont want to take the trans back out. My chest still hurts from letting the trans rest on it while taking it in/out. I just drained the fluid & put new stuff in and it didnt help at all.

Thanks in Advance,
      Mark B

Oh... And it grinds while downshifting & upshifting.
      Bad syncros. Needs a rebuild.

Comment

Working...
      X