Spoiler Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler Question

I recently installed the rear hatch and upstyle spoiler from a Trans Am to go on my base model Firebird. Ive seen on eBay and other places that the whole hatch had to be changed, that you couldnt just swap out the spoilers...if this is even true, why is this? Is there a different number of mounting holes or something? Ive never heard of an explanation for this. Just curious is all.
    LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

i beleive the "lower" style spoiler is molded right into the hatch/trunk cover. While the "higher" style spoiler is actually "bolted" a different hatch.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Based on the parts manual you might have to have a different lid to accomodate a different wing. Check the option codes.
      Attached Files
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Thanks for the help and the replies.
        LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

Its what Ryan said.... the V6 and Formula hatches are a single, molded piece, and the spoiler can't be removed. The high wing T/A spoiler is a separate piece, bolted to a different style hatch.

Then there's the Joe 1320 "no wing" option.....

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
            Its what Ryan said.... the V6 and Formula hatches are a single, molded piece, and the spoiler can't be removed. The high wing T/A spoiler is a separate piece, bolted to a different style hatch.

Then there's the Joe 1320 "no wing" option.....
            hey Fred....... that one isn't one of mine. Although I looked into the idea, I never persued the mod.

Comment

Hmmmm..... another "senior monent".
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
              X