Last PCM tune question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last PCM tune question

If I buy a cable from AKM electronics and order a tune from pcmforless, is there anything else I need to load this into the PCM? The cable I would need is I believe (OBDII-style USB/ALDL Cable, fully tested, molded connector (D-shaped 16-pin) and the tune would just be mailed to me. Does the cable come with software to upload the tune into my OBDII? The cable says its for OBD2 but then says OBD1 only?

Im so confused, I dont feel like sending my PCM in or buying another one and sending it back. I feel my car would benefit from the tune and also fix my speedo with the gears. It would be perfect if i could just load it in myself!
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

MadZ28 will include a flash utility to load the tune. Tell Andrew at AKM Cables what year your car is and he will send the correct cable.

You begin by loading the drivers for the USB serial port on your laptop. Then you plug the cable into the cars ALDL port. Then you run the flash utility, it will detect the interface and perform the upgrade.

It's almost exactly like flashing the BIOS on a PC.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

So then all I would have to buy is MAdz28's Email tune for 75$ and the akm cable for my year and thats it?
      1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Yup. That's it!
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
        X