Problem with the Z 1 week before I get it back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with the Z 1 week before I get it back

OK, after 3 years I am able to buy my car back. I am supposed to go get it in Indiana this Saturday. The current owner called me and says it just started acting up. He says there is a "hesitation" on acceleration. But if you just hammer it, its not there BUT he thinks its missing a little power. Opti-spark maybe? It is a 93 Z28 with 85,000 on her. He changed the fuel filter and the O2 sensors and it is still there. Any help would be great! I have to drive it from there to Akron, Ohio 350 miles. Thanks guys!
    1993 Z28 A4 3.73, 2800 B&M Very Clean!!

What are some symptoms of an opti spark going bad? Arethey a pain in the ___ to change?

Comment

It could be so many things its not even funny. Plugs/Wires/Coil/Opti/Vacuum problem/PCM etc etc etc...with these kind of problems you just have to start with the most inexpensive item and work your way up.

7/10 times its found in the plugs and wires.

Just my .02

KnightFire
      1993 Formula Firebird
      Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Thats what I figured, I guess I am just going to go look at it, and if I dn't think it will make it home, I probably won't buy it back. Thanks

Comment

i agree with Knightfire on this one.........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
          X