uvc code as well as what my car is?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uvc code as well as what my car is?

Hello i havew a 1996 pontiac trans am or formula . I need to know where i can find the vehicle uvc code so i can figure out wich it is. As the vin numbers on the formulas and trans ams are the same. Any one know where they are located at on the 96 modle

Not sure I know what a uvc code is, but RPO codes are in the glove box on earlier 4th gens and on the driver's door on later models.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Hmmm, I thought figuring out the difference between an TA and Formula would be quite easy. The front and rear fasica are different...not to mention TA had side skirts. In 1996 didn't all TA's have high rise spoilers? Unless it was a Formula and those parts were added on...

Post your VIN, and we'll tell you...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

You can't tell from the VIN, as he already pointed out. The 5th digit in the VIN will be "V" = Formula/Trans Am.

You have to look at the RPO codes to verify what it left the factory as, assuming you can't tell from the bodywork.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
          You can't tell from the VIN, as he already pointed out. The 5th digit in the VIN will be "V" = Formula/Trans Am.

You have to look at the RPO codes to verify what it left the factory as, assuming you can't tell from the bodywork.
          Ah, I wasn't thinking...I meant RPO codes. It's the weekend.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
          X