Stage 8 header bolts and SLP midlengths

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 8 header bolts and SLP midlengths

Is 50mm underhead length right for this application?

STG-8907 is the part number of the bolts. I just want to make sure before I place the order.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Nevermind, I see that question was already answered... 1" (25mm) is proper.

I have another question...

Will Taylor Firesleaves that are 7/8" ID fit over the boots of my Taylor Spiro-Pro 8mm spark plug wires?
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

That's a good question. Are the boots the same size as OEM or are they larger? Mine fit the stock boots with a little room to spare so you may be fine.

Comment

I think Taylor only makes their fire sleeves in one diameter......and all the ones I've installed on Taylor wires actually fit a little loose. That's the way you want them.

What I do is take a small zip tie, and secure it around both ends. That will keep the sleeve from walking.

Make sure you get the 1200 deg type. The 500 deg sleeves can be toasted pretty easily.

Comment

I just ordered the 1" stage 8 locking bolts in stainless. Man, those things were expensive.

I also ordered a set of Percy's D-port header gaskets and a 3' length of 7/8" ID Taylor Firesleave. Good to 2000*.

In a couple weeks I'll order the SLP installation kit.

Then, all I'll need is the actual headers. LOL.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:

Comment

Well, i'm ahead of schedule. I just got the installation kit from SLP ordered.
            As soon as the middle of the month rolls around I should be able to actually order the headers. By then all the other parts will be here, too.

I can't wait to hear my LT1 running through headers and the Borla catback. All I need is a rearend girdle and the car is ready for the 383 buildup to continue.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
              I just ordered the 1" stage 8 locking bolts in stainless. Man, those things were expensive.

I also ordered a set of Percy's D-port header gaskets and a 3' length of 7/8" ID Taylor Firesleave. Good to 2000*.

In a couple weeks I'll order the SLP installation kit.

Then, all I'll need is the actual headers. LOL.
              Yes it's expensive, but the results should be worth it. If you run a cat, the sound will be a little less harsh. Headers, no cat and open borla is pretty danged loud.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                Well, i'm ahead of schedule. I just got the installation kit from SLP ordered.
                As soon as the middle of the month rolls around I should be able to actually order the headers. By then all the other parts will be here, too.

I can't wait to hear my LT1 running through headers and the Borla catback. All I need is a rearend girdle and the car is ready for the 383 buildup to continue.
                You will not be able to wipe the grin off your face!

Are you putting these on the 383?

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                  You will not be able to wipe the grin off your face!

Are you putting these on the 383?
                  Eventually, the 383 will go in. It's still sitting on a stand for money.
                  In the meanwhile, I want to get the car as ready for it as possible, and these headers are a major step. I'll do a dyno run after the install, I'm hoping to gain 15-20 RWHP. That should put me at 285-290. I'm keeping my cat.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:

Comment

I'm so terrible at to do things. I just ordered the headers from www.ws6store.com.

They had the lowest price anywhere.. $100 lower than any competition.

Arrived today:
                    Percy's gaskets
                    Stage 8 stainess steel locking bolts
                    3' Taylor Firesleave

Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:

Comment

I'm excited today! Mike from the WS6store contacted me and gave a tracking number for the delivery of the headers. They will be here on the 24th.

I highly recommend WS6store. Their price was well below anyone elses, and they are having the headers drop shipped directly from SLP. Mike is a strait shooter, and was totally honest with me regarding the delay on SLP's part. He offered me a refund if I didn't wish to wait.

Apparently SLP has a problem with the machine they use to bend up the y-pipes and it caused a delay, but it has been corrected. I'm really looking forward to installing them. Now all I need is a free weekend. Hopefully mid September.
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:

Comment

When they get here, do a mockup on your spare engine to make sure they didn't mess things up with the bends and that the flanges are on straight, and the Y pipe fits reasonably well, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                          When they get here, do a mockup on your spare engine to make sure they didn't mess things up with the bends and that the flanges are on straight, and the Y pipe fits reasonably well, etc.
                          Good call, I'll do that.
                          Tracy
                          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                          Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                          X