rear hatch problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear hatch problem

Hi I just bought 86 TA. Does anyone know where the hatch release button is?

If memory seves me (and it might not), the rmote release was an option. I don't think my 87 had one. You had to use the key.

Comment

well my key doesn't work. Is there any other way to git in it?

Comment

Joe is right. The remote release was an option in '86.
        If your TA has it the switch would be right below the gauges near the middle of the dash.

Options for getting in are limited.

Locksmith.

Go to a GM dealer and get a new key made. (taking your chances wasting your money on this one, since someone could have changed the lock)

Try crawling through from the front and pull the bottom of the trim up and pop it from inside. But you have to be very agile/small to even attempt this (I wouldn't even try it) I'm not even sure it can be done, there isn't much room to reach around the trim (besides I tend to get freaked out in small spaces).

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
        '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by bru333

Try crawling through from the front and pull the bottom of the trim up and pop it from inside. But you have to be very agile/small to even attempt this (I wouldn't even try it) I'm not even sure it can be done, there isn't much room to reach around the trim.
          I've done it and it's a PITA. Had to pop it with a screw driver.

Comment

My camaro had its release button in between the window buttons. You had to "pull" it back, not push it.
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

thank you guys

Comment

Originally posted by bru333

Try crawling through from the front and pull the bottom of the trim up and pop it from inside. But you have to be very agile/small to even attempt this (I wouldn't even try it) I'm not even sure it can be done, there isn't much room to reach around the trim (besides I tend to get freaked out in small spaces).

it can be done but its a PITA
                1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

I got it open
                  thank you

Comment

Working...
                  X