Got My Magnaflow On!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got My Magnaflow On!!

Yes, I got a new sound system! When I bought the car I swore I would leave it alone. Oh well...

Anyway, it was love at first crank. My 'ol '96 Z28 had shorties and a Borla, which wasn't bad, except for the rasp. With 3.42's on her, it got too loud to cruise long distances on the highway. I therefore proclaimed I would keep the stock exhaust when I got my '99.

Well, I was wrong. I went with Magnaflow after some reasearch, and since TByrne was doing a group purchase with a good price, I jumped. Magnaflow, on the LS1 anyway, has a much more refined sound than the Borla on the LT1. It's a tad louder than stock, which is exactly what I wanted, and brings out the LS1 sound nicely.

One other thing...the increase in power is definitely noticable. It seems like the stock exhaust was really holding the car back. I didn't realize it was that bad till I took my first spin after the work.

Now if I can just keep my foot of the accelerator...
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Always happy with mine. Perfect for my tastes. Not too loud during cruises and plenty loud for the occasional blip of the engine.

Glad you like it.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
    X