4.7k ohm resister on 93 lt-1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.7k ohm resister on 93 lt-1

i am currently using the 4.7 k resister on my 93 lt-1.i read in a post on the forum that it should not be used on the 93 engine. originally it was installed with a rocker switch on the dash to activate it. i am on using it all the time. switch on. my gas millage hes dropped to 18-19 mpg on highway driving. my mods are tb-bypass,suncoast hood and a kn filter with a air box connected directly to in tb,flowmaster 3 in single exaust,jet chip,160 therm,fan switch. any info will be appriciated..
    1993 Z-28 A4, Flowmaster 3" single out the side,Suncoast Ram air hood,K&N filter.

Get rid of it...let the PCM do its job and adjust the timing tables according to the true temperature.

I used this mod about 6 years ago when I first heard of it...took it off, felt absolutely NO difference in the car what so ever and my mpg actually increased a bit when I took it off.

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Besides, this is a mod for MAF cars and shouldn't be used on a speed density system.

Comment

I'd say get rid of it too. On a MAF car, the IAT sensor really only makes timing adjustments, but on a speed density setup the computer also uses the IAT to help figure air density and therefore the amount of fuel required in the mix. If you are telling the computer the air is cooler than it is, you're running rich all the time. You are also going to run too lean when it actually is very cold outside, better mileage maybe, but can be very destructive.

-- Flash

Flash - '97 Black WS/6, Intercooled Powerdyne 11# , LTCC Coil Per Cylinder Ignition, OPTI High Voltage Deleted, 160, Short Stick, BMR-STB, adjustable Shocks, PP+ w/scan, !CAGS, Flowmaster 3" cat-back... 43k miles as of Aug. 2006

**-** BOOST, it's no replacement for displacement, and there's definitely no replacement for having both!

Comment

Working...
        X