No turn signals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No turn signals

have a problem 95 T/A, neither one of my turn signals work but my flashers still work but my turn signals don't
    1995 Pontiac Trans Am Formula

i had the same problem a few years ago...mine turned out to be bad sockets
    LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

all tha sockets go out at once? its not even indicating turn on the dash, but if you turn the hazard flashers on they work and light up on the dash

Comment

i bought the car used so i dont know how long they had been out...i know i had dim taillights and brakes...but when the taillights were on and i used the blinker, the blinker would quit blinking when i hit the brakes. tried everything i could think of:changed the bulbs, checked the wiring for nicks all the way up to the firewall...nothing....the only thing i didnt think of was the wires on the inside of the socket coming loose or getting fouled up somehow. had to get 3 of them changed....works fine now
        LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

Ok first check your fuze for the turn signals.If ok Take a 12 volt test light an check for power at the sockets.I think your hazards work off your brake elements so that is why they are ok.I just had a bad socket on mine but that will only make one side bad.If its a bad flasher you will still have a light on your dash but it will not flash.Hope this helps you,
          Blazer

Comment

I called myself checking the fuse but I will double check..what would cause it not indicate on the dash?

Comment

Sounds like a possible bad ground connection. Check for continuity between the ground side of your sockets and the frame ground. Check ground continuity on the flasher relay also.

Jim
              2000 Trans Am WS6.... Totally stock...

Comment

what could cause it to loose ground just out of no where?

Comment

haven't had the chance to check the frounds but I did double check the fuses and they are all good...

Comment

If all of a sudden both sides went out, its hard to beleive its bulbs. Turn the key on. and move the turn signal lever very slowly up and down. Just fiddle with it. If at all you see a small flash from either side on the cluster. Then you have a bad turn signal switch. This isnt true always, because if the switch is completely burned out then that test wont do anything. Also with a bad turn signal switch, the flashers can still work.

If im not mistaking the 95's still had the old steering column like my '93. The switch is in the center of the column, steering wheel, retainer, horn switch, all need to be removed. About 1hr 30 min- 2h labor. No sure if someone has a tutorial, if not let me know. I will email you one.

Doug

Comment

will give it a try when I get back to the car...

Comment

Originally posted by BmXRacR96
                        If all of a sudden both sides went out, its hard to beleive its bulbs. Turn the key on. and move the turn signal lever very slowly up and down. Just fiddle with it. If at all you see a small flash from either side on the cluster. Then you have a bad turn signal switch. This isnt true always, because if the switch is completely burned out then that test wont do anything. Also with a bad turn signal switch, the flashers can still work.

If im not mistaking the 95's still had the old steering column like my '93. The switch is in the center of the column, steering wheel, retainer, horn switch, all need to be removed. About 1hr 30 min- 2h labor. No sure if someone has a tutorial, if not let me know. I will email you one.

Doug
                        tried clickin them both ways slowly nothin

Comment

Have you tried swapping the flasher relay with the turn signal relay?
                          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                            Have you tried swapping the flasher relay with the turn signal relay?
                            I agree with Jeff, there are separate flasher units for the turn signals and hazzard light circuits.
                            95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

where are each located? I replaced the one to the left of the steering column

Comment

Working...
                              X