My TA just die on the road....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My TA just die on the road....

97 Trans Am,A4,SLP CAI,LM,reprogrammed 500 miles a go,only 42000 miles, no leaks,all services.
    Ok, I was driving it and eveything looks normal.
    then, i floor it a little bit,3000 rpm +-, suddenly the car just lost power, at the same time 2 backfiring and engine die....
    I tried to start up, the engine was working for a few seconds but only 1 o 2 cylinders, then it dies again.

I replaced the maf, out of another LT1(95) but still doing the same. maybe is not the correct replacement, but just desperate and trying to find out an answer.
    right now i dont have an scanner to get codes until nex week.
    any clue?
    do you think is a death opti ?
    what kind of test can i do without the scanner?

thanks in advance.

Optispark is probably gone. Maybe a bad fuel pump.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

The ICM might be bad. Mine did the exact same thing when it died. No warning at all. If I tried to push it over 2k rpms the engine would die until I let off of the gas, then it died completely. It backfired through the intake hard enough that it destroyed the intake elbow. I thought mine was the opti as well. The ICM's a little bit cheaper too.
      1989 TA
      Flowmaster exhaust
      Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
      K&N CAI
      Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

Working...
      X