a/c problems on 93 z-28

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a/c problems on 93 z-28

the clutch seized on my a/c compressor.can anyone tell me if i can buy the clutch assembley by it self or do i have to buy compressor with the clutch attached? if i can just get away with the clutch
    what special tools do i need and can i replace it on the car or does the compressor have to be removed from the car?i know i have to replace the receiver/dryer when i open the system. this is my daily driver with 121k on it. any help or reply would be appreciated.
    1993 Z-28 A4, Flowmaster 3" single out the side,Suncoast Ram air hood,K&N filter.

When this happened to me, I had to buy a whole new compressor unit...then again, I didn't research it a lot. I had to have my car back on the road ASAP.

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

thanks for the info.priced rebuilt at auto zone $220. also thanks for the onfo on the 4.7 k resister the other day.off it is coming...
      1993 Z-28 A4, Flowmaster 3" single out the side,Suncoast Ram air hood,K&N filter.

Comment

I have never done one on an f-body, but usually you can purchase the clutch itself. You will need a puller to get it off though. If you dont have a puller, you might as well buy the whole assembly, instead of screwing around with it.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
        X