Hypertech Power Programmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypertech Power Programmer

how come they dont make one that will work for the V6. is there a company out there that does? what other options are there?

http://www.hypertech-inc.com/cgi-bin...y&model=Camaro

I remember reading about that subject not long after AI got my 98 3800 Camaro. The old V6F-body Online gang tried to get Hypertech to put through a programmer. It's been a while, but I don't think they could get a large enough power increase to really make it worth while.

Sorry...looks like the stock program is doing pretty good on it's own.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

sucks... ya, i have a 98 camaro as well...
      what would you do for some increased HP

Comment

Cold Air Induction (i.e. new airbox lid) and a catback exhaust system are a good start. Unfortunately you're limited as to what you can do on a budget.

If you get the cold air kit be sure to get one specific to the 98 model. 99 and later they used a slightly different throttle body. There's also a "ram air kit". It involves cutting a hole in the bottom of the airbox and inserting a scoop into it to take in air just in front of the radiator.

Also 98 and newer cars have a different exhaust hanger setup than pre 98. So be sure a catback is made to fit your car.

What the V6 cars do excel at is maneuverability. You can make it into a good autocrosser with some suspension work. They're considered much better balanced than the V8 models.

check out www.tbyrne.com for some ideas.
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
        X