2000 Trans Am T-Top sunshades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Trans Am T-Top sunshades

Since this is my first f-body, I've got a dumb question. My 2000 Trans Am WS.6 is configured with T-tops. Did they come from the factory with sunshades, or was this another option? Where can one purchase these 'shades'?

Thanks...

Jim
    2000 Trans Am WS6.... Totally stock...

are you talking about the plastic panel that snaps into the t-top, if so i thought they came from the factory with all t-top cars? not positive though, i'm sure you could find them on ebay, maybe email f-parts on there, he has a junk yard which deals in gm performance cars (fbodys, corvettes, gtos) he might have a pair. also brocks camaro might be able to help, ive ordered oddball parts from him already.

hope this helps some

Comment

My 97 Camaro SS had them installed when I got the car. On my car there are some velcro dot stickers stuck on the inside of the t-top glass to help hold the covers in place. Does your Trans Am have these velcro dots stuck on? If they're there it would be a sign your car was once equipped with the shades.

I always assumed all the t-top cars came from the factory with the shades and it was up to the car owner to use them or not. Unfortunantly I'm not the original purchaser of my car, so my assumption may be unfounded.

Maybe somebody who purchased a car new with t-tops can chime in.

Jeff R.

Comment

My TA came used with the shades. They are stuck in there and when I pull the roofs out they fall out. The velcro stickers have never been used / stuck to the roofs.

Based on the parts catalog the sunshades are item 7. See the parts # in the attachment for your model year. Note there's a LH & RH one.

RH side http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=10280597

LH side http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=10280598
        Attached Files
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

my velcro stickers arent used either (thank goodness) i personally dont like the velcro dots but eh, to each their own

Comment

When the car is new, the shades come in a sealed plastic bag in the trunk. There's a spot at the very rear of the t-top holder back there where you can stow them when not in use. They should match the color of your interior. My first car had a tan interior and I believe the shades were tan as well. Now that I think about it, I could be wrong on that point.

You could check out www.fbodymotorsports.com. They have a lot of stock parts there.
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

In the early years (93-95?) the sunshades were a $25.00 option.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
              X