bad ping after mod install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad ping after mod install

My 2000 WS6 was stock till today. I put an SLP lid on and a superchips and a ported MAF. Now when it gets to about 4k rpms it pings like hell. Do ya think the MAF is doing it? I have a ported MAF and a superchips on my C5 and don't have any problems at all.

If you can actually hear detonation, you have a serious problem. The knock retard system should be able to pull out large amounts of timing, preventing audible knock. If you can still hear it, don't drive it hard.

Replace the parts you installed, one at a time to see which one caused it. Hard to see how the lid did it. More likely the combination of the program and the ported MAF. But anything causing it to run lean enough to detonate should also be setting codes and the SES light.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
      If you can actually hear detonation, you have a serious problem. The knock retard system should be able to pull out large amounts of timing, preventing audible knock. If you can still hear it, don't drive it hard.

Replace the parts you installed, one at a time to see which one caused it. Hard to see how the lid did it. More likely the combination of the program and the ported MAF. But anything causing it to run lean enough to detonate should also be setting codes and the SES light.
      ^^^^^What he said. ^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
      X