Removing heater core: 95 firebird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing heater core: 95 firebird

well, my car overheated today on the way to work, and there was a puddle on my floorboard of my car and a puddle behind the front passanger tire. apparently my heater core has gone bad and i was wondering if i can get some sort of walkthough on how to replace it in my firebird. do u have to take the whole dash out?? i hope not. can anyone help me out?
    1995 Firebird Formula. LT-1 6 speed, underdrive system, k&n cold air intake. SLP exhaust no cats. just got the car, list will grow

Hearter Core

Sup dude, if you haven't fixed it by now... You'll need to just pop loose the glove compartment. You need a 7mm, and use a screwdriver style-1/4"-driver to get into the tight places. There's actually a Heater core clamp holding it in place with the 7mm.
    This is one of the easiest core i've had to replace. Nice design.

Hope this helps.

Comment

oh well thats good to hear, i was hoping that i wouldnt have to take apart my interior to get to it. just to make sure, u are talking about a 95 firebird right?
      1995 Firebird Formula. LT-1 6 speed, underdrive system, k&n cold air intake. SLP exhaust no cats. just got the car, list will grow

Comment

Heater Core

Yeppers.

Easy money.

Comment

Working...
        X